Exercise for Narration / Exercise of changing the speeches / Narration of Detached sentences

Exercise for Narration /  Exercise of changing the speeches /  Narration of Detached  sentences 


1.  Direct :  He said to me,   " I was doing my home work. "

In :  He told me that he had been doing his home work.

2. Di :  The teacher said to the students, " Always speak the truth. "

In :  The teacher advised the students to speak the truth always.

3. Di :  Motin said to me,  " Let's go out for a walk."

In : Motin proposed to me that we should go out for a walk.


4. Di :  Mother said to her son,  " What are you doing now ? "

In :  Mother asked her son what he (s) was doing then.


5.  Di :  He said to me, " Let them  finish the work."

In :  He told me that they might finish the work.


6.  Di : The girl said to the old man , " Why do you beg ? "

In : The girl asked the old man why he begged.


7.  Di :  He said to me, " Do you play football ?"

In :  He asked me if I played football .


8. Di : He said to me, " I went home and took my meal."

In : He told me that he went home and took  his meal.


9. Di :  Father said to his daughter, " Why didn't you  go to school yesterday ? "

In : Father asked his daughter why she had not gone to school the previous day.

10. Di :  She said to me, " Don't you help me ? "

In : She asked me if I did not help her.


11. Di :  The boy said to his mother, " please help me, "

In : The boy requested his mother to help him.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.